The Mini-Seis™ is the very definition of a great blast monitoring seismograph for an affordable cost. It is ideal for all kinds of blast vibration monitoring and for most continuous vibration monitoring in bargraph mode. Rugged, reliable and very easy to use, the Mini-Seis™ sets the standard for value in a seismograph.
The Mini-Seis™ has a number of features that make it a versatile instrument for many monitoring projects.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Includes convenient carrying case. Economical.
- Costs much less than comparable seismographs.
- Maintenance and calibration costs are also less.
- Rugged and shielded against RF interference.
- Keypad and display for easy field setup and data review.
- External seismic package and microphone interchangeable between units of like sensitivity.
- Selectable seismic and acoustic recording range, seismic and acoustic trigger level, sample rate and record duration.
- Excellent power management.
- Rechargeable internal battery.
- Can use either AC or DC power for long term monitoring.
- Wave form (self-trigger and manual-trigger) and continuous bar graph (histogram) modes.
- Sophisticated, non-loss data compression results in small record sizes and fast data transfer.
The standard transducer sensitivity is termed a 2G. Recording levels can range from 0.005 ips (0.127 mmps) to 10.24 ips (260 mmps). We also offer X1, X4 and X8 geophone gains, which modify the standard X2 gain proportionally. These are standard options. We can also do custom gains based on specific needs.
The standard microphone is limited to 148 dB. We also offer a standard option 160 dB microphone. If necessary, we can supply microphones capable of recording up to 5 or even 10 psi (185 to 190 dB).
We offer a downhole sensor package for special needs. The package is sealed and is designed to fit inside a standard PVC pipe for easy installation. The electronics are kept in a separate container.